Meaning of words in this document
- “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Taurus Motor Finance ABN 78 625 555 464 Australian Credit Licence 514213 and its related bodies corporate;
- “you” refers to the persons who are applying for credit from us or proposing to act as a guarantor, or who are directors of a company that is applying for credit from us; and
- words defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) have the same meaning.
Our contact details
You can contact us as follows:
Taurus Motor Finance
Your acknowledgements and consents
By providing and submitting your consent you acknowledge and agree to the statements in this document.
Why we collect personal information
We may collect personal information about you for the following purposes:
- to answer an enquiry from you;
- to provide you with the service you requested;
- to enable us to develop, administer and manage our services and businesses;
- to customise services to better meet your needs and preferences;
- to assess your application and manage your account with us;
- to compile a customer profile about you to serve you better;
- to engage a credit reporting body to conduct a credit and reference check;
- to assess your creditworthiness;
- billing purposes and collection of debts;
- statistical purposes;
- future promotional and marketing purposes including direct marketing purposes, and to inform you of special offers, promotions and competitions;
- for research purposes to better improve our website, products and services;
- any other customer support purposes;
- to notify credit providers of a default by you of your agreement with us;
- to deal with complaints; and
- to enforce our rights when you are in breach.
Collection required by law
Collection of some personal information about you may also be required or authorised by or under an Australian law. These laws include:
- the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), which requires us to collect personal information about you when verifying your identity;
- the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth), which requires us to make inquiries about you when assessing an application for credit by you; and
- the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth), under which we may need to collect personal information about you to record a security interest on the Personal Property Securities Register.
If you do not provide personal information
The main consequences for you if all or some of the personal information is not collected by us are that we may not be able to provide services to you, or be able to provide them to the same standard. In the case of a credit application, we may not be able to make a decision whether to provide credit to you if you do not give us the information we request.
Collecting information about you from someone else
We may collect personal information about you from someone else, such as from a credit reporting body or another credit provider when we are assessing your credit application or collecting a debt you owe.
Disclosure of personal information
We usually disclose personal information of the kind collected by us to:
- related companies of ours;
- distributors and introducers of our products and services;
- credit reporting bodies;
- other credit providers and insurers;
- service providers including mailhouses, printers, call centres, marketing companies, and technology providers;
- government bodies;
- persons who act as your guarantor or who provide security for credit to you;
- debt collectors and assignees of your debts;
- a recognised external dispute resolution scheme of which we are a member; and
- our professional advisors, including our lawyers, auditors and accountants.
You agree that we may disclose personal information about you to these persons for the purposes for which we collect it where permitted by law, including the Privacy Act. You acknowledge that we may provide your personal information to these persons when required by law.
Credit reporting bodies
The credit reporting bodies that we are likely to disclose your personal information to are:
Disclosure to us for commercial credit and guarantees
We may disclose credit eligibility information about you if we have provided credit to you or you have applied to us for credit, and the disclosure is to a person with an Australian link for the purpose of that person considering whether to offer to act as a guarantor or to offer property as security for the credit. We may also disclose this information to a person with an Australian link who is a guarantor in relation to credit provided by us to you, or who has provided property as security for such credit.
Personal information you give us about another person
If there is another person named in an application for credit, you may need to provide their personal information to us. You warrant that the other person has consented to the collection of their personal information by us for the reasons it is being collected.
Credit reporting policy
Our credit reporting policy includes information about credit reporting, including:
- the credit reporting bodies to which we are likely to disclose your credit information;
- how credit reporting information is used and your rights in relation to credit reporting information;
- information about how you can access credit eligibility information about you held by us;
- information about how you may seek the correction of credit information or credit eligibility information held by us; and
- how you may complain about a failure by us to comply with Part IIIA of the Privacy Act or the Credit Reporting Privacy Code, and how we will deal with such a complaint.
You can get a copy of our credit reporting information policy online at taurusmotor.com.au/credit_reporting_policy.html. You can request us to provide you with a copy of the policy in an alternative form such as a hard copy.
Date published: 14 October 2019